How can we keep up our favorite Mother’s Day traditions while social distancing? Here are a few creative twists:
1. Mother’s Day Brunch will look different this year, but you can keep up the tradition by ordering from Mom’s favorite spot and have it delivered along with some fresh flowers in a vase on her porch. Then eat together virtually.
2. Show the neighbors how much you love Mom with big yard signs. You can go the homemade route with poster board or reach out to your local print shop to make something weather-proof and professional-looking. Mom will blush when she gets all the attention from her neighbors!
3. Give Mom a video calling device that makes staying connected easier, especially if she’s not too tech savvy. Amazon Echo Show, or Echo Spot or the Facebook Portal are all great for Moms!
4. Crank up your lawn mower! Show Mom your green thumb and mow her lawn or even plant some fresh herbs, vegetable or flowers for her garden.
5. Create your own book club together. Purchase 2 copies of a book you can read at the same time and video chat about the chapters as you go.
Get creative, stay healthy and Happy Mother’s Day! (P.S. Photo circa 2019; pre-COVID19, when we were allowed to hug!)